Friday 7 January 2011

Update

I managed to get the title „the Openhanded“ on my main three characters. I haven’t used the fifty Frostbluff Coins I got back nor did I do any other Yule festival questing.

With my guardian, I continued my tour of Enedwaith but I didn’t get as far as I had wanted to.

Most of the time I played, I either did runs for Superior Third Marks, short S3Ms, or was raiding.

The Superior Third Marks drop in several instances, usually if you succeed a challenge. The easiest way to get them is to run the School and the Library in Eregion. These are two tree-man instances which quite easy to do.

There are also one of the three Great Barrows instances which is easy, the Thadur one. I would have put he Maze down as an easy one too, but you need a good kiter for that one, Warden seems to be perfect. Sambrog I sadly have never managed to finish, which might tell more about my skills than I want to reveal...

In Annuminas, there are also three instances, Haudh Valandil (Tomb), Ost Elendil (Throne) and Glinghant (Garden). Glinghant seems to be quite buggy, the others are nice, easy and fun.

You would think, that the Helegrod wings would also drop some S3Ms, as they require two full fellowships (I know, you could do it with less) and take much longer. But no, you get some loot and some instances are fun and can be challenging, but not S3Ms. I would suggest to run the other instances for the S3Ms and run the Helegrod wings at level 51 to get the Helegrod Marks. You might even just do the daily challenge and not even kill the boss, as the loot is not worth your time. If you are at max-level, you can run the wings with about six people.

Why do you need Helegrod Marks or S3Ms? There are two new sets, lets take a look at them.

First we have Helegrod Epic Set. This is a 25 radiance per piece set with six pieces, so with the full set, you have 150 radience. Each class has its own set and therefore you get some class-based bonuses. These differ from class to class, so some classes have a great set, some sets do not offer that much. They cost five S3Ms and two Helegrod Marks. I got the complete set on hunter and am trying to get more on other characters.

I don’t like the look of most of them, but most players are happy that Middle Earth gets a bit more colourful.

The second 25 radiance set ist he Annuminas set. We don’t get class-based sets, only one light, one medium and one heavy armour set. This set is cheaper or easier to get, it only costs 3 S3Ms and 1 Annuminas Mark (which of course drops in the three Annuminas instances). This set has six armour parts and a cloak.

I guess, Runekeepers and Lore-Masters tend rather to go with this set than the Helegrod set.

Supreme Third Marks can also be used to buy Symbols of Celebrimbor. I have got one in an classic instance and used it to do an other rune-stone.

There are also tomes dropping. I got one, a tome of travel which is useless for me. There was a Tome of Agility which dropped in a kin-run. I didn’t win it.

I got the shoes from Barad Guldur for my Lore Master. Last week, I won nothing on the runs. They were a bit more painful than they really should be and we had lots of wipes and a bit of shouting. Things have cooled down since.

No comments:

Post a Comment