Wednesday 3 November 2010

LotRO goes F2P

That is a bit too cryptic. So let take this appart.

LotRO is the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (short MMORPG, alternative Middleaged Men Online Playing Girls) in J.R.R. Tolkien's world Middle Earth at the end of the third age, when the book (and, yes movie) Lord of the Rings takes place.

You can download the client (i.e. game) here.

I have been playing this game for far too long and am member of the guild Hope and Glory on the European-English server Gilrain.

F2P means Free to Play which is halfway true. You can play for free, but it is more like an extended demo than an actual free game. There are lots of people complaining, that it is not completely free but as I am not working for free, I understand that other people also want to get paid for their work.

What am I doing in Middle Earth? There is a new area, Enedwaith, which I will visit on Friday and probalby the rest of the weekend. There is a special Mount you can get from Bilbo's haunted cellar that I really want to have on my Burglar.

(In LotRO you can play four races [Hobbits, Men, Elf and Dwarf] and nine classes; my Burglar is, I would almost say of course, a Hobbit).

No comments:

Post a Comment